Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cliches That Are Important In My Life

The cliches, "leave it all there" and "stay in the moment" are constants in my life. I understand "leave it all there"  means to devote 110% to my task all the time. This isn't much of a challenge as I'm a Type A personality.

"Stay in the moment" means to cool my jets and pay attention to now. This one is tough. Today's "stay in the moment" lesson happened in this morning's spin class. My teacher, Theresa, is a dynamo and today The Dynamo had us doing sprint intervals. Two of my least favorite training mechanisms. I was thinking about other things and should've been in the moment of when I was to be standing and sprinting. I only made a slight fool of myself. I could have, however, missed something important. It was a great class and I'm that kind of good tired that I feel after a strong workout.

Trainers and nutritionists tell us that we should rehydrate immediately after a workout and refuel our bodies with protein and carbs soon after as well. Here's what I'm refueling with:

Cannellini Bean Dip

1-15 oz. can of Cannellinni beans- well rinsed and drained
3-4 heads roasted garlic, mashed
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary (if you have dried on hand, cut the quantity in half)
2-3 T. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the beans, garlic and rosemary in food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse 5-6 times so everything starts to blend. Turn the processor on to puree and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dip is a consistency that you like. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.

I like to let it sit for at least an hour so the flavors blend well. If you're hungry now, dive in.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I love your refueling meal. Sometimes I refuel with a carton of ice cream or some cookies. Or some wine. Thanks for stoppin' by my blog!

    ReplyDelete